Exit Brexit is a new song written in the Chas & Dave “Mockney” style, to help persuade Brexiteers in regret and weary Remainers that Brexit is a “Dogs Dinner”. Imagine “Margate” by Chas & Dave sung in an East End pub with punters soaked in Watneys’ Red Barrel and cockles … Take a listen at Exit Brexit
“I note with disappointment that the man / woman reading The Sun/ Mail / Express in my local cafe are unmoved by the clever arguments of academics, thought leaders and celebs who want to Remain. A quick read of these papers is a good education of how these people think. They were mis-sold Brexit, demonstrate “buyers remorse” but don’t believe that Brexit can or should be halted due to the “will of the people” mantra. Exit Brexit uses the medium of clever pop music to reach people in ways that graphs do not. Would you Adam and Eve it?”
We are approaching Danny Dyer (Eastenders) and John Altman (Nick Cotton) to give the song that ring of Bow Bells. Check your mince pies and see what’s on offer …
* Buy the song for just a bin lid (£1.00) donation or more, according to your wishes or purse
* Just give whatever you feel towards the recording costs – it would help us recover all the costs we have incurred in making the “Rage Against The Brexit Machine” catalogue. A Paul McKenna would be great, a pony even better !
* Help finance our recording session with Danny Dyer or John Altman (a meet and greet will be included if we succeed) – This will include a pampering day at the studio in London – we need £3000, 6 monkeys or 3 bags of sand for this – you will be refunded if we don’t meet the goal
* Be part of the “Mockney Brexit Choir” as a piece of history – A ton (£100) buys you a day in a studio in Kent – we need ideally ten people for this – you will be refunded if we don’t get enough people to form the choir
* Appear in the video for the song – one day in September on location in the East End of London if there are sufficient backers – we need a minimum of £4000, two Jeffrey Archers or eight monkeys for this – you will be individually refunded if we don’t meet the goal
Only fools and horses still want Brexit ….
Check the existing Rage Against Brexit album out at RAGE
“Hey, you!” [Holds up Chlorinated Chicken] “See these mate? 5p cheaper than yours down the market.”