This is the blog of Peter Cook, MD Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock:
THE ACADEMY OF ROCK – For Keynotes, Conferences and Masterclasses with a difference!
HUMAN DYNAMICS – Business, Organisation Development, Training and Coaching
Author of 8 books, acclaimed by Professor Charles Handy, Harvey Goldsmith and Tom Peters. Peter appears on BBC TV / Radio, Bloomberg TV, The FT, Independent et al. His clients include Johnson and Johnson, Electronic Arts, Pfizer, Laing O’Rourke, BP, Roche, The UN and Imperial College London.He has an award for his work from Sir Richard Branson and writes for Virgin.com
Peter has followed three concurrent passions over 30 years: science; business and music:
• Leading innovative Pharmaceutical Product Research and Development teams to bring multi-million dollar life-saving drugs safely to the market including the first treatment for AIDS
• Trouble-shooting businesses and starting up factories around the world
• Internal business, organisation development and change consultancy
• Writing and tutoring for Business Schools at MBA level for blue chips
• Writing and performing music
Peter is an MBA, Chartered Chemist, Chartered Marketer, FCIPD and an NLP Old Master.
He is also an accomplished rock, pop and jazz musician, having performed alongside Bernie Tormé, John Otway, Wilko Johnson, The Fall and Patti Russo, Meatloaf’s long term singing partner and performer with Queen and Cher. He helped Bill Nelson, leader of pop art band Be-Bop Deluxe, to sell out an ITV Legend’s concert. He also sponsored ‘The Real Spinal Tap Tour’ – an entrepreneurial adventure to go on a record breaking rock’n’roll world tour – It was an unmitigated disaster, but the story of this comedy of errors has powerful lessons for entrepreneurs and leaders.
Peter’s talks can be accompanied by a roster of class A rock stars and session musicians, with pedigrees performing with Roger Waters, Mike Oldfield, Ozzy Osbourne, Ian Gillan, The Doctors of Madness, The Damned, Queen, Meatloaf, Anastasia etc.